Tuesday, October 27, 2009

tool girl??

Today was my first day working at the hardware store! I was so nervous this morning when I was walking to Mitre 10-the hardware store that I would be working at. But the people there are so nice and friendly, I felt very comfortable! An older lady, Liz, worked at the cash register with me and trained me all day...she has such a cute accent-I think she's originally Irish or Scottish. Anyways, I think I got the cash register pretty much figured out and I'm definitely excited to make some extra cash! I go in again on Monday to do a bit more training--hah it still cracks me up that I know nothing about hardware and here I am in Australia working at a hardware store. Oh well! I'll definitely be learning lots of new things :) 
         Yesterday was my day off, but it was super rainy which was a bummer. I took the bus down to manly and had a white chocolate chai from a place on the wharf called "Max Brenner" which specializes in chocolate everything. It was the most amazing thing ever!! Then I walked around for a bit, went into the grocery store and bought "tim tams"....tim tams are the BEST cookies ever!! They are really popular here, and I can't believe they don't have them in the states...they are deadly though...I ate two boxes yesterday haha whoops! Anyways, I learned the special "aussie" way to eat them...you eat them with a cup of tea by biting off the corners and sucking through the cookie like a straw...then you eat it and it melts in your mouth. Yum yum yum!!! I will definitely be bringing boxes of these home with me when I fly back to the states. After it started raining pretty hard I took the bus to the mall and went to the "big w" to get an umbrella and some running shorts. I then had lunch at the mall and read a little bit...I was planning on maybe seeing a movie too, but I missed the times...so I just walked home and hung out. 
        Tomorrow the nannying begins again-lets just hope the rain stops so I don't have to keep the kids cooped up inside all day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment