Monday, October 12, 2009

Watch out Australian drivers...

So I just got back from my first drive in Australia!! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it definitely required lots of thinking and paying attention. Julie (the mom) took me out for my first drive...I think she was more nervous than I was haha. I did really well and stayed on the right side of the road...phew! I even parallel parked perfectly! Everything went smoothly...but when I drove back home and was parking in front of the house, I definitely hit the curb pretty hard. whoops! I immediately began apologizing and told Julie, "well at least I ended with a bang!" hah I don't think she thought that was a very funny joke. Anyways, today was another great day off! I woke up early and had some breakfast and tea, then called wells fargo and spent a long time trying to get my atm cards working again...thankfully I got that all figured out and decided I should test my cards out and head to the mall! I walked down to Warringah mall (it's about a 10 min walk!) I went straight to an atm and tested out my debit card...I was so relieved and excited when cash popped out of the machine! Then, I walked around the mall and bought a beach bag and some earrings and decided I should stop spending my money haha. Then I got a smoothie and walked back home. The weather was really sunny today, but SUPER windy. I seriously thought I was going to blow over a few times while walking. When I got home I called the hardware store that I might work at and talked to the manager...he said to come on in and we could talk about me working there. Good news folks...I'm going to work there every other weekend, which should be perfect! Now I just need to start studying up on tools haha oh gosh, this should be interesting...anyways, it was a great day today! I was hoping to go to the beach but it is just so darn windy I think it would just be miserable, so I think I'm going to just hang out and lay low before I officially start working tomorrow bright and early! g'day!

No comments:

Post a Comment