Monday, October 5, 2009

jet lag!

..so I'm finally feeling the effects of jet lag. I woke up this morning around 7 or so, had some freshly baked bread with jam for breakfast, then hung out with the kids for a bit. We then took the kids out to Manly Beach where they have lots of little kiddie rides for them to enjoy...so Tim (the dad) & I watched them while the mom met up with a friend for a bit. Just as we were leaving it started to rain!! After lunch I could feel myself getting tired and even Julie (the mom) noticed I looked really tired so she told me to take a nap and relax...it didn't take much convincing..I went up to my room and immediately fell asleep. For dinner I had LAMB! I've NEVER had lamb in my whole life and surprisingly it was pretty tasty! Although they put mint jelly on it, which didn't really tickle my fancy hah. Tomorrow the kids go to daycare all day since there's no school, so Ashley (the other au pair) and I will hang out and maybe head into Sydney or something. I hope it doesn't rain again--it even thundered today and there was some lightning too! yikes!! 

1 comment:

  1. Caitlyn! The first time I ever had lamb was in Ireland... Marie used to make roast lamb on some Sunday nights or for special occasions. Yum! :) love ya cc

    ReplyDelete