Sunday, October 25, 2009

7 Bridges Walk!!


So today was such a funny/crazy day! I woke up this morning and got ready to conquer the "7 Bridges Walk," which is a 15.5 mile walk around Sydney, where you go over the famous 7 different bridges of Sydney. I put on my running shoes (for the first time since I've been here, hah) then got my workout clothes on, and walked up to Roxy's house. The weather forecast predicted rain, but it was a gorgeous, sunny morning! Roxy and I walked down to Manly where we would catch the Ferry into Sydney--we were complaining that we wish we'd worn shorts because we were so hot! By the time we got to Sydney and got registered for the big walk, we decided to start at the famous Harbour Bridge (you could start at any of the bridges)...rain clouds began to form, then the wind picked up...and about 30 minutes later it started to rain..but we were determined to do the whole thing so we kept on walking and having a great time just chatting and getting stamps at each bridge on our walk booklet that they gave us when we registered. Then, it started DOWNPOURING--Roxy said she'd never seen it rain this hard in Australia (and she's been here almost a year!) It literally poured nonstop...we had no umbrellas or raincoats, so we were completely drenched...after 3 hours of walking in the pouring rain, we decided we were miserable...we finally saw a bus stop and began to run with excitement and were laughing so hard because we were so happy!! Finally when we got back to Circular Quay in Sydney, which is where we catch the ferry back to Manly, we were shivering and wet....we bought some nice warm "chips" and caught the ferry home. I got home and immediately took a much needed hot shower! Then, I met up with Jess (the girl who took me to church), and we grabbed a coffee and chatted for a bit before church. I just got home from church and absolutely loved it!! I met a girl from Fiji, which I think is so cool! So far I have friends from England (that's where Roxy is from), Canada (that's where Jess is from), and now Fiji! I don't have any true Australian friends....Yet! Anyways, tomorrow I might start training at the hardware store :) we'll see what happens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment