Tuesday, October 20, 2009

last day of freedom :)

Today was my last day off this week! I officially start the school run and everything tomorrow morning bright and early! I take the kids to school, then take Harvey to his playgroup until 11:30, then home for a nap, then pick the kids up from school, home, get dinner ready, get them all bathed, and put to bed! I have been enjoying my days off...Sunday I went to manly and to church, yesterday I went to the world famous Bondi Beach and I must say I was disappointed. It's really nothing special...the beach was nice, but the town around it was kind of funky and not that nice. I was hoping to maybe meet some nice people on the beach, but to my surprise, and older creepy man came and sat right next to me and kept trying to talk to me and ask me questions, but I had my head down and was reading...pretending not to hear him. Finally he stood up and crouched down right by me and continued talking to me...I finally looked up, answered his question, then quickly put my head down haha I was so frustrated!!! He went in the water, then when he came back he continued to bother me, so I put my headphones right in! I also got a little lost on my way home...between catching the train to taking the buses back...I couldn't find my bus stop in Sydney, and I walked around Sydney for about an hour looking for it! It was starting to get late and I was freezing in my sundress and bathing suit haha. Finally I made it home and was so happy to be back in good old Manly. Today I met up with Roxy, a girl who I met through Ashley (the previous au pair) and we went to Freshwater beach which is about a 10 min walk from here. She was nannying so she had her 3 yr old with her, so she could only stay for a couple hours. So when she had to go I decided to walk down to Manly Beach! It was such a gorgeous day!! I got some reading done and relaxed...it was so so nice!! I was going to go surfing, but the surf wasn't great at all, so I think I'm gonna take a lesson on Saturday morning. I also met up with Charlie, a Canadian that works at a hostel here that I met through Ashley. We grabbed sandwiches and hung out on the beach for a bit! It was nice to finally talk with people my age and socialize a bit haha. Hopefully I'll meet some more friends--I'm going to a church thing tomorrow night and I start volleyball next week! Can't wait!! Wish me luck on my first real day of work tomorrow!! Hope it goes well...It's supposed to be in the low 90's tomorrow...yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment