Sunday, October 11, 2009

Avoca Beach!

So for the past five days, I've been on "holiday" with the mum and 3 kids, along with the mum's friend Stef and her 2 kids. We drove an hour and a half north to the "central coast" (it made me feel like I was back at home!) to a town called Avoca Beach. Very cute little beach town! We even had a fabulous condo a block from the beach. Sounds great right? Unfortunately it rained every fricken day. Can you believe it?? We couldn't either. Julie (the mum) said it felt like winter to her and that rainy weather is so rare at this time of year (it's the end of spring here).  I was so bummed I wasn't able to head to the beach and enjoy some australia sunshine, but we made do with what he could...we ended up taking the kids to the mall one day to bounce on a bounce house (I was too big to go on, shucks!) The moms and I had some scones and tea/coffee and talked for a bit, which was nice. Then we bought some art stuff for the kids to do back at the condo. I sucked it up and went swimming with the kids 3 of the 5 days (the kids went swimming 4 days). The pool was heated, but I was still shivering and didn't last too long. We tried to do lots of indoor things (we took the kids to a play zone one day, and to another beach town another day), and we did have a pretty decent time. My favorite part of the trip though I must say was one morning when I woke up, all the kids ran straight to me and gave me a big group hug and were yelling "yay Caitlyn! Caitlyn! Caitlyn!!" It definitely made me feel loved :) (as opposed to when I was nannying in Italy and the kids would bite me & yell at me "Bruta!" which means "ugly!") Also, one day when I was watching Dora with Harvey (the 3 year old), he crawled up on me and we snuggled and he fell asleep in my arms. It was seriously one of the best feelings I've had...I caught myself dozing off too a few times! Anyways, we made it back to Sydney and I officially got settled into my new room! It feels so great to have all my things put away and have my own space now. It's such a sweet room--it even has built in speakers on the ceiling and for the past couple hours I've had my ipod plugged in and have been having my own little dance party....I guess I need to meet some friends haha. Hopefully soon...tomorrow (monday) and tuesday I have off, so I think I may head to the beach (pray for sunny skies!) Should be fun....I'll keep you all posted! That's it for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment