Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Luna Park!

Today was such a fun day! Ashley (the other au pair) took me to Luna Park, which is an amusement park in Sydney....it pretty much has carnival type rides there. We got there by bus and train-so it was pretty fun & beneficial for me to take my first train/bus ride here with someone else (that knew what she was doing!) Once we got to Luna Park, it got really warm out and we were pretty hot in our jeans and long sleeves, but we still enjoyed ourselves. We took tons of pictures of the opera house and of sydney's harbor bridge--it was a beautiful day! At luna park we went all out and bought the "go wild" pass which lets you go on unlimited rides...my visa card wouldn't work at the atm, so thankfully Ashley bought my ticket. It's a bummer they don't have wells fargo here! Anyways, we went crazy on all the rides and felt like we were five, but we really didn't care! (we got right in line with all the little kids haha). Just as we were about to leave, it started pouring rain! So we ran and ran to the train station...this is where it gets a little crazy...it was rush hour, so the trains were JAM PACKED with people... as we were waiting for our train, the doors opened and no one got out of it, so Ashley crammed her way on, grabbed my arm (I seriously didn't think I would fit)...I somehow wedged myself between two men and began cracking up. Ashley and I grabbed onto eachother for support, and we were SO thankful that our stop was the first stop, so we only had to be like that for 3 minutes. Thank goodness!! Once we got off, we were starving, so we went to the first food place we saw....Subway...haha we felt really American. After we ate we headed to 7-eleven to buy a "travel 10" bus pass, which works for 10 bus rides. I also bought an Aero mint chocolate bar....it is one of the best chocolate bars I've ever had...after that we caught another bus from Wynard to Manly. Hopped off the bus at Manly, and walked home :) what a great day! Tomorrow I leave in the morning with the mom and kids to Avoca Beach for five days...we are staying at a beach condo! Unfortunately the weather is supposed to be crummy, so we'll see how it goes...keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment