Saturday, October 3, 2009

I made it!!

I made it to the land down under!! Although I was expecting it to be hot and sunny, but found it to be cold & rainy! I got picked up by a shuttle from the airport, and on my way to the house we drove past the sydney opera house, and drove through sydney's harbor bridge which was really cool! (I even saw people climbing up the bridge--if you pay a couple hundred bucks, you can climb to the top of it). When I made it to the house in Manly beach, the mom was the only one home, so we chatted for a bit and she made me some banana pancakes :) The house is very nice!! Everything is white and new! The parents are VERY nice, and the children (oscar, mia, and harvey) are adorable! THey have lots of energy, but they are very happy, goofy, and cute! The parents are pretty strict with them & yell a lot, which is something I will have to get used to. But the family is very loving and extremely welcoming towards me! They drove me all around town yesterday and we stopped at the jazz festival on the way home, although it started to pour so we had to leave. The children were getting fidgety in the car and the parents kept saying "stop winging!" (which I'm pretty sure means, "whining"). The little girl mia kept yelling nonstop, "I love Caitlyn" which was pretty funny...I do feel loved here..even on my first day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment