Monday, October 12, 2009

First Official Day Off! YIPEE!!

Today was my first official day off...I woke up around 6 to screaming kids haha but was thrilled when I realized it was Monday so I could go back to sleep...I ended up sleeping till right before 9...that was the latest I've slept since I've been here! I had a leisurely morning & was able to check e-mails and skype with parents and friends :) It was sunny when I woke up so I thought I'd head to the beach for the day, but by the time I got ready, it was all gloomy out. dang it! So I made some lunch and tried to call wells fargo to get my cards activated (they put a hold on all my cards so I have zero money right now haha). Then I was feeling a bit cooped up & was eager to get outside and explore, so I did! I walked down to Manly Beach and walked around for a bit...I checked out the Billabong, rip curl, and quicksilver stores and the prices on everything were ridiculous! Way more expensive than at home. Then I sat and watched the surfers for awhile and just relaxed and did one of my favorite things : People watched! I must say that Australia feels a lot like home...there are still weird people to watch here too haha. I love it. After watching surfers and people watching I decided to head back home (the sky looked like it was about to rain)...so I trekked back to my new home in North Manly. The walk was about 45 minutes each way, so it was a good little walk! I must say though that I have to be very careful when crossing the streets...I kept on looking "left, right, left" instead of "right, left, right," so cars would catch me off guard when they were going the opposite direction than I expected. Whoops! I definitely hold to my blonde hair color sometimes :) The best part is the mom was going to maybe take me driving tomorrow so I can practice driving on the other side of the road...haha I hope she knows what she's in for! If I can't even cross the streets the right way while walking how the heck am I supposed to drive a car...should be very interesting! Oh and speaking of the word "heck"...for those of you that know me pretty well know that I always say "what the heck?!" Well I need to stop saying that right now...because the 7 year old boy Oscar says it sometimes and he gets in big trouble because it's rude to say that...better watch my mouth! So tomorrow is tuesday and thankfully is my day off again! I'll let you know how it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment