Thursday, December 3, 2009

Molly's Here!!










One of my closest friends from home, Molly, has made it down undaaaa!! She travelled here with one of her good friends Katie-It has been so sweet having them here and we've already had a blast! On Monday we went to Taronga Zoo and saw some crazy animals...there were even peacocks roaming around and I of course freaked out when one popped out of a bush at me. We had a pretty good time, although it ended up being a rainy day...on the ferry ride back to Manly there was a crazy old guy who was yelling at these poor girls sitting next to us threatening to kill them! Thankfully someone got security--yikes! 
          On Tuesday we went wine tasting in the famous Hunter Valley. It was gorgeous!!! The day started off bright and early (we had to catch the 7 am ferry to the city)-so we decided to make a starbucks pit stop. I made up the drink "gingerbread chai latte"-it is SO amazing! Anyways, we had the time of our lives and we even bought some bottles of wine while wine tasting (lots of the places we went to don't sell their wines to stores, so the only place you can buy them is at the vineyard). I of course bought only the sweet wines :) Too bad they don't have a tim tam flavored one! We were lucky enough to see some wild kangaroos while wine tasting--I didn't get a chance to take a picture, but they were pretty small and moved very quickly! We stopped and had sandwiches in the middle of the day at a nice cafe and I discovered a chocolate shop next door, so of course I indulged myself there! It was such an awesome day, although we were so pooped by the time we got back to Sydney (the Hunter Valley is a couple hours away). We arrived in the city, bought some chips (french fries) and chicken salt (it's very popular here-it's pretty much just a spicy seasoning) and hopped on the ferry back to Manly. 
              My week has been great so far, and I'm so thankful that Molly came to visit me- she is staying with a family friend right down the road, so it has been such a blessing having her so close to me. I can't wait to hang out with her and Katie this weekend when I'm done nannying! Nannying has been going well, although I have been fighting a cold so I have been pretty exhausted by the end of the day. Today and yesterday I helped out in Mia's and Oscar's classrooms at school and have really enjoyed it (especially Mias-the kindergarten class). Hope everyone is doing well at home with the Holidays and everything coming up! (Speaking of which, the family made me a thanksgiving meal here even though Australia doesn't celebrate it...we had turkey, cranberry sauce, cornbread, potatoes, veggies, and pumpkin pie of course!) I was so excited about that :) Now I'm getting hungry again....

No comments:

Post a Comment